Frequently Asked Questions

Turning Point Community Service Center provides the following services to residents of the 97016 zip code.

Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to this our Web site may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please email us or call us during our regular business hours at 503-728-3126. Turning Point is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, with client services from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm (you must be physically present and signed in by 2:45 for services)

When can I get emergency food?

Emergency food boxes are available from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
You must be physically present and signed in by 2:45 for services so that you can be helped by 3.

What if I work and can’t come in during the food distribution hours?

You may designate a person to come pick up a box for you or you can call us and set up an appointment time that works for both of us. Keep in mind that even if you designate another person to pick up your food box YOU still have to fill out and sign the application. Just call and we will help you in any way we can.

How do I qualify to get emergency food boxes?

The requirements for food are simple. You have to live somewhere within the 97016 zip code and you will be asked to sign a statement declaring that your total family gross income is less than the federal standard for your size of family. Give us a call and we can tell you how much that is for your household size.

What documents do I need to prove I qualify?

Our only requirement for food boxes is something showing that you live in our zip code. That can be a power bill, rent receipt or a statement from a friend that knows you. If you’re homeless just tell us.

What if I am “couch surfing” or staying with a relative and they don’t need help, but, I do?

If that is your situation then you can get help and we don’t care how much income the owner of the couch has. We will provide a food box for you.

How often can I get a food box?

Our guidelines from The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) state that you may get up to 12 food boxes in a one year period containing USDA commodities. Our policy is to encourage you to try to budget the food we give you so that you can come in every month for a year. We realize that extenuating circumstances do occur and we will provide help more than once a month if needed.

Do you ever ask for proof of income?

Yes. We will require proof of income for other services. Those services are utility assistance and rent assistance.

Turning Point Community Services Center. 220 Columbia River Hwy, Clatskanie, Oregon 97016. Phone/Fax: 503 728-3126. Email: